Value Creation Through End-Of-Life Extension Of Legacy Application
Several organizations are heavily invested in legacy applications that run their core business but are difficult to maintain, scale, and evolve for new requirements due to limitations of technology or lack of skilled resources. In addition, there are increasing pressures on IT groups to do more with less, which means that embarking on expensive rewrite projects for mission critical applications is not an option. The realistic option is to define and implement creative solutions that help extend the life of these legacy applications.
At Hadoolytics, we have the deep experience as well as advanced technical expertise to help companies with the modernization challenge of legacy applications to newer technologies and architectures.
Our services related to application modernization are summarized below and these can be tailored as warranted by the phase of the project and the agreed upon engagement model.
- In-depth assessment of legacy systems and the challenges involved in the modernization process.
- Requirements definition for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) related to the modernization of legacy application.
- Development of the architectural approach to modernize the legacy system. Some examples that can be used to build the overall solution are 1) Building wrappers around legacy systems and providing well-defined APIs that can be used in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). 2) Harvesting existing business logic and algorithms to be used in a modern layered scalable architecture. 3) Deployment in a Cloud based environment to achieve economies of scale. 4) Migration and upgrade of existing databases to newer NoSQL technologies that allow the application to scale in a Cloud based SaaS delivery model. 5) Development of a modern user experience using HTML5/AJAX based technologies.
- Development of comprehensive test strategies for the migrated solution.
- Release management & deployment planning to ensure a streamlined rollout of the solution.
- Support for business, development, and DevOps teams throughout the modernization/migration process.