The benefits associated with migrating mission critical applications to the Cloud such as Faster Application Delivery, High Levels of Scalability and Availability with Elasticity, Enabling New Use Cases for Customers, Business Continuity, Lower Total Cost of Ownership etc. have been well documented. However, there are a number of decisions that have to be made at each stage of the migration process that require the right experience and skills to ensure that the overall business objectives are achieved without cost and time overruns that plague a number of such migrations.
At Hadoolytics, we have the deep experience as well as advanced technical expertise to help companies with this migration challenge. Whether you are at an early stage of planning your migration or already in the process of transitioning, our architects can add value by providing in-depth technical and process guidance at every step of the way. Since our entire team is extremely hands-on with the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies, they can jump in and implement or troubleshoot complex problems at the code level to augment the efforts of your own engineering teams.
The sections below outline our services at each stage of the Cloud Migration journey. Our services include concrete deliverables such as detailed architecture reviews, planning, analysis, architecture and design documentation as well as functional prototypes, code modules, installation scripts, and technical documentation etc. as warranted by the phase of the project and the agreed upon engagement model.
- Analysis of any existing products and applications including potential for harvesting existing business logic, algorithms etc. for use in Cloud applications.
- Identification of feature set for minimum viable product (MVP) for new Cloud based applications as well as features enhancement plan.
- Understanding scalability requirements based on existing customer base, projected adoption and data growth over life of migrated product.
- In-depth review of industry specific security and compliance requirements.
- Exploring options for monetization of planned Cloud/SaaS offerings including conversion of traditional licensing to subscriptions and pay-per-use based models.
- Understanding business needs related to web analytics, metrics and visualization that enable faster and more accurate business decisions.
Architecture, Design & Planning
- Drive decision making for public, private or hybrid Cloud including determination of any on-premise offerings as well as tenancy model.
- Recommendation of Cloud vendors based on an in-depth analysis of requirements above as well as breadth, robustness, and cost of available Cloud services.
- Data Architecture design including consolidated data models, data migration, data storage, archival and retrieval strategies.
- Application Architecture design outlining components, layering, shared modules (eg: for managing data, users etc.), tools, technologies, and frameworks.
- Deployment Architecture design driven by in-depth analysis of redundancy, scalability, monitoring, and security requirements. This will also outline details around specific Cloud vendor services that will be leveraged in the solution.
- Security Architecture specification for managing users and permissions, securing sensitive data in flight and at rest, key management and any other industry specific requirements.
- DevOps planning for streamlining release management and deployments with an emphasis on minimizing downtime during deployments.
- Monitoring of application as well as infrastructure health and metrics that generate alerts and also feed into autoscaling of hardware resources (both up & down).
- Formulation of support strategy including identification of teams, division of L1/L2 responsibilities, and escalation processes.
- Comprehensive disaster recovery planning to ensure business continuity from an IT perspective including backup strategies and recovery processes.
- Support development of marketing strategy for socialization of Cloud/SaaS paradigm to customers with an emphasis on impact to their end-to-end business processes.
- Contribute to development of marketing artifacts such as videos, demos, and posters to support the overall marketing effort.
- Help identify intellectual property opportunities including development of whitepapers and patents.
Development & Deployment
- Help drive project planning in accordance with customer’s established development methodologies and processes.
- Delivery of an architectural release of the application that has all architectural modules implemented. This will lay the foundation for the engineering teams to build functionality incrementally based on the identified iteration plans.
- Ongoing design and code reviews to ensure architectural and design guidelines are being followed as development progresses.
- Troubleshooting of complex technical issues related to performance and scalability of the application in the Cloud.